Skip to main content

Hospitality Courses

Studying Hospitality in Australia will provide you with the keys a truly global career.  The hospitality industry is massive, steadily growing and will provide you with many opportunities for managerial and executive employment, new businesses, and innovation. Hospitality is a generic term that includes all activity sectors where customer satisfaction is key, and the primary goal is to ensure the best customer experience possible.

With a Hospitality, qualification will gain valuable practical experience, skills and the knowledge to be a competent supervisor or manager within various hospitality enterprises. Students who successfully obtain a hospitality qualification will have the skills to operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions

Information about Hospitality Courses

Course Options

Certificate III, IV in Hospitality

This advanced qualification will provide you with the specialised skills and knowledge needed to work as
an early childhood educator or centre director.

Diploma of Hospitality (Food & Beverage Stream) 

This intermediate qualification will provide you with the next step in your career in education
support teachers and students in the classroom

Advanced Diploma of Hospitality

Kick-start your career with this entry-level course that will set you
up with the foundation skills you need to succeed as an assistant
childcare worker.

Career Options

Restaurant manager, Hotel manager, Banquet or function manager, Kitchen manager, Motel manager

English Proficiency

Usually, you will need to demonstrate you have competent English skills by showing a test results such as IELTS 5.5

High School Certificate 

You will need to provide a copy of your high school diploma to show that you have at least completed junior high school (Grade 10)

Typical Subjects that you will study in your Hospitality course include:

  • Develop cultural competence
  • Ensure the health and safety of children
  • Provide care for children
  • Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
  • Provide care for babies and toddlers
  • Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
  • Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
  • Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
  • Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
  • Nurture creativity in children
  • Facilitate compliance in an education and care service
  • Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
  • Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
  • Promote children’s agency
  • Analyse information to inform learning
  • Design and implement the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development
  • Embed sustainable practices in service operations
  • Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
  • Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
  • Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
  • Maintain work health and safety





Gold Coast






Sunshine Coast

If you are hoping to continue your studies at university, once you have finished your Hospitality Education you could request course credit towards a number of different bachelor degrees such as:

Bachelor of Bachelor of Tourism, Hospitality and Events

Bachelor of Hospitality Management

Steps towards an Australian Skilled Visa

As the occupations of Restuarant Manager, Hotel Manager, Motel Manager, are currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List  (MLTSSL), once qualified and with the necessary professional experience, it may be possible obtain a skilled or employer-sponsored visa that will allow you to continue to live and work in Australia once you have completed your Australian studies.

Complete your 2-year course

You will need to study a course or package of courses with a duration of at least 2 years, that will provide you with at least a Diploma level qualification.

Your Study Gurus Counselor will help you enroll in a course that will meet the duration and qualification levels to become eligible to apply for a graduate visa.

Apply for your 485 Graduate Visa

After you have studied for 2 years and completed your vocational placement during your studies (most education providers will arrange this for you), you may be eligible to apply for and receive the Temporary Graduate Visa. You will need to obtain a provisional skills assessment and demonstrate your English proficiency. The graduate visa will allow you to live and work in Australia for up to 18 months so you can gain professional experience. Our team of migration agents will work with you through the graduate visa process.

Apply for a formal Skills Assessment

After you have completed your post qualification work experience you will usually need to apply for an official assessment of your skills.  This involves having your qualification and professional work experience assessed by a skills assessment authority.  You will need your skills assessment certificate to be able to apply for an employer-sponsored or skilled independent visa.

Apply for a Skilled or Employer-Sponsored Visa

Upon receipt of your positive skills assessment, you may be eligible to apply for a General Skilled Migration Visa or for the employer sponsorship. Common visas available to a Childcare Centre manager include:

  • 189 – Skilled Independent (subclass 189) – Points-Tested
  • 190 – Skilled Nominated
  • 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage – Medium Term Stream
  • 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) – Employer sponsored stream
  • 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa

*Applicants must meet the applicable visa eligibility criteria including qualifications, professional work experience, English proficiency, character

Job Outlook for Hotel Managers

Future Growth


Median Weekly Pay

$1,250 is the median earnings for a full-time Hotel Manager 

Full Time Share

87% of the profession hold full time employment